Monday 11 March 2013

Cambridge Half Marathon - Results Update

I've just checked the results page for the Cambridge Half Marathon.  I came 86 out of 3386 people who finished.  There were 40 people who lined up on the start but who did not finish.  I guess this is either due to injury, not making any time cut-offs at the half-way point or being defeated by a lack of training.  Better luck next year to you all.  At least you got to the start line.  

So 3426 people lined up for the race out of 4500 who had entered. So what happened to the 1074 who didn't even make it to the start?  Injury must only be able to account for a small percentage of this.  Were the rest of you put off by the weather?  Or had you simply not done enough training?  It seems a great shame to me that so many people with a place did not make use of it, especially as I know several people who would have gladly taken a race number.

My official chip time was 1:23:37.  The 7 second discrepancy with my own timing must be due to me starting my stop watch a little before crossing the actual start line and stopping it after I'd crossed the finish.

Well done to everyone who took part yesterday.  Let's hope we have better weather next year.

Picture found on the Cambridge Evening News website.  There I am on the left in my long sleeve white top.

No comments:

Post a Comment