Friday 6 June 2014

Tonight's The Night

Just getting myself ready for my solo 12 hour night run.  The people at Milton Country Park in Cambridge are very kindly letting me use the park as my event base for the night.  I have my food already.  To sustain me for 12 hours of running I have:

10 litres of water
4 bottles of Lucozade sport
SiS electrolyte tablets to dissolve in water
A tub of pasta salad
4 tortilla wraps containing guacamole, hummus and Kalamata olives (a favourite trail food of Scott Jurek - if it's good enough for someone who has won the Western States 100 and Badwater Marathon several times then it's good enough for me).
2 tortilla wraps with Nutella spread (because I'm not as virtuous as Scott Jurek).
2 bananas
A tin of pineapple rings (pineapple is a natural anti-inflammatory).
1 Soreen malt loaf cut into 5 manageable pieces
1 Mars bar - either to eat in celebration at 8am in the morning, or for a moral boost if I start to feel low.

I'll be trying to get a couple of hours sleep soon.  I do need to write a report on my Hi-Tec Zuuk shoes, which were my prize for being first man over 40 at the two day Pony Express in the New Forest.  In brief, they are great shoes and I really recommend them as a light weight travel shoe, or something for the beach, or a shoe to put on after a long hard run.  They are so very comfortable.

I'll try to write another, longer update on Sunday to fill you in on how the 12 hour night run went.  I am both excited at the prospect of spending the entire night running by myself and a little apprehensive. The one advantage of running a solo ultra event is that there can only be one winner. Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment