Sunday 5 January 2014

Team Sunday Run

Could it just be the effects of New Year resolutions that resulted in there being more people joining us for a Sunday run today than usual?  Surely not!  I found myself meeting up with a group of eight of the Sweaty Betties today, and we were also joined by my friend David.


Meeting up outside Jesus Green Pool - 8 Sweaty Betties & David.
I'd already run 2.5 miles to get here.
We all headed off in the same direction but everyone had slightly different goals.  Everyone except me thought today's run was a log run.  Now I was running further than anyone, but in my eyes today's run was my taper before next weekend's marathon, so for me it was fairly short at 12.5 miles.  Five of the girls were aiming for about 6 miles, so we headed off from Jesus Green to Grantchester via the meadows.  When we got to Grantchester we waved off the five who were turning around and heading back towards central Cambridge.  The remaining five, which included myself, David, Jo, Marie and Alison continued through Grantchester and Trumpington and then back to Cambridge via Trumpington Road.

The route in general is quite nice, taking in Kings Parade past the front of Kings College and it's famous chapel, then across the meadows and back via the Fitzwilliam Musuem.  Back at our meeting point we said goodbye to David whilst I then continued for another mile with the remaining three girls before we all went our separate ways.  I then had a final 1.5 miles to go before getting back home.  Finally, I got to run in some nice weather.  It wasn't too cold, very little wind and no rain.  Result.  And it is always nice to run with some good company.


Running along King's Parade...

...and Grantchester Meadows

Time to say goodbye to 5 of the Betties

No comments:

Post a Comment