Saturday 4 January 2014

Happy Runuary

I've set myself the challenge of running every single day in January as a way to kick start the year.  I'm calling it the month of Runuary.  I've managed to convince a few friends and clients to also give it a go.  It's only day 4, but so far I have completed the following runs:

1st - 4.3 miles easy run - wet and windy
2nd - 5 miles around Cambridge Airport - nice weather
3rd - 8 miles via Fenstanton and Bate's Bite Lock - started nice, turned into hail, thunder and heavy rain
4th - Cambridge Parkrun - damp and muddy (approx time 18:30 for 5k).

If it hadn't been for Runuary I might well have missed at least one run.  Strangely, the run I was probably most likely to have missed would have been on 2nd January, the day of the nicest weather, simply because Ruth and I had been out for most of the day and I didn't run until quite late.  So far I can say that I have enjoyed every single run and I'm really happy that I've set myself my Runuary challenge.  I can't explain why it's been so enjoyable other than to say that each run seems to lift my spirits.  Must be the endorphins.

Since my last blog entry I have entered the following three events.  I also made a mistake with the date of the Pony Challenge in my last entry, the correct date is below:

27 April – Shakespeare Marathon, Stratford-upon-Avon
3 & 4 May – The Pony Express (30 miles each day), New Forest
11 May – Halstead Marathon, Essex

So, along with all the other runs entered so far, that takes care of the first 5 months of the year.  I have also registered for the 100km CCC race around Mont Blanc, which takes place on 29 August.  I won't know until the end of the month whether I have a place or not.  Fingers crossed! If I do get a place then my summer holiday will be spent around the French Alps.

No comments:

Post a Comment